Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Measuring Progress In Your Weight Loss Journey



How do you measure your own progress throughout your journey without a scale???


First thing I will tell you is to take BEFORE pictures! Just do it! It can be very intimidating and embarrassing (at least it was for me), but I can assure you that you will be so glad that you took them.  I bet you that in as little as 3 weeks you will be able to see a noticeable difference just by comparing the two photos. Honestly, you never have to look at that picture again, but just make sure you take them! Shove them in your drawer, leave them in the bottom of your purse, just stash them away...The day will most likely come where maybe...just maybe when your confidence is soaring and you are feeling brave, you are going to want to compare where you are now with where you had started.  Plus!! It helps that you have a chance at winning $500 just by submitting your before/after photo to Beachbody after completing one of their workout programs. Sweet! Right?!?


Another good way to measure progress is to be sure to do your measurements!! I don't really like doing this myself, but I do! I know that it will show how far I have come, so I suck it up and just get it over with! I find it fascinating when the number on the scale does not move, but my measurements get smaller. Just another exciting way of tracking how far we have come!

How do you feel?? Do you feel stronger, more alert, more active, less moody, craving unhealthy foods less, do your skin look better, are you sleeping more soundly, are you using heavier weights, do you feel stronger ??? This list could go on and on! Since everyone is an individual, only you can look back and see what has really changed in your journey. This is why it is SO important  to reflect every once in awhile on how far you actually have come!

I hope you realize now that there are many other ways to track progress other than pounds on a scale. My next challenge/fitness group will be starting at the end of June and there is only a few spots left! contact me now to chat about starting  your very own journey with support, motivation & fun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment