Sunday, February 16, 2014

Turbofire Chili

I have never been a big fan of chili. To be honest, up until recently, the only chili I really liked was my sister-in-laws white chicken chili. BUT...then I came across this recipe. It had good reviews and everyone seemed to rave about it. Now, that alone did not convince me. But when I saw a picture of it and read the ingredients....I thought to myself "that doesn't really sound like regular chili". In my mind, when I think of chili I think of alot of red sauce & beans. That may not be accurate on what chili is but that's what has always been in my head haha! So anyway I figured that I would give it a try. I ended up LOVING it!! I thought for sure that the corn must have been a typo...why would corn be in chili?!? But, the little sweetness of the corn actually made it better! I was hooked. I make this at least 1-2 times a month now. I freeze the leftovers in small containers and then thaw them for quick lunches. I hope you enjoy!!! 

TurboFire chili

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 c diced tomatoes
8oz canned corn
1/2 onion, diced
2cloves garlic
8oz canned black beans
8oz kidney, pinto or chili beans
1 tbs tomato paste
1 package Lawry's chili seasoning
4oz cheddar cheese (optional)

Brown turkey meat, drain excess. Place all ingredients except cheese into slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. I cooked mine on the stove for 30 minutes on high and it turned out great.
Place 1oz cheese on top  if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment